P u b l i c s p a c e . x y z is a nostalgia, vaporwave, and fandom clothing brand. We work with artists to design one-of-a-kind designs that are printed on hoodies, t-shirts, hats, joggers, swimsuits, and a wide variety of other garments, all on-demand. We have a devoted fanbase of 100k+ on Instagram, Facebook, and email.
We're looking for a talented part-time graphic / fashion designer with an eye for graphic t-shirts, hoodies, joggers and other items.
- Our artists create beautiful designs and you will be taking those designs and re-working and altering them to fit on various garments -- our artists create the art and we need your creativity to convert them to work on clothing!
- If you also have ideas of your own for designs / art on our garments -- well, that would be amazing. For your own designs, you'll be compensated at the same rate as our artists.
- Part-time, between 4 – 10 hours a week
- A strong and devoted passion to Public Space's subject matter: nostalgia, vaporwave, and fandom. This is incredibly important, as passion and a love for the brand always comes through to our audience!
- Deep, intuitive understanding of graphic design, graphic clothing design, and what constitutes eye-catching graphic clothing.
- An ability to listen to and incorporate feedback while still maintaining one's own point-of-view.
- Advanced skills in Photoshop, Illustrator.
Who will succeed in this role:
- We've had the most success with artists and designers who are:
- 1) incredibly passionate about the work
- 2) able to balance our feedback with their own vision
- 3) have the required skills in Photoshop / Illustrator to get their vision to come to life.
- The person who will succeed in this position has an eye for emerging graphic clothing, good taste, and a deep passion for our subject matter.
- You do not necessarily need to have previous experience in fashion for this.
- Email your portfolio / examples of past graphic design work, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email, please share with us your passion for nostalgia / vaporwave / fandom by creating a Pinterest board of your favorite clothing, art, artists, graphic designs, anime, nostalgia items...anything that shows us your passion and taste in the subject matter of graphic clothing and fandom.
- Please use this for the subject line: PS GRAPHIC DESIGNER -- [YOUR NAME]
- During the interview process, we may send you artwork to place and convert to clothing (of course we will pay you for your time)
So excited to see your work. Thank you for your time!
Eric Wu and Tammy Chow